[geeks] I just saw "Live Free or Die Harder With a Vengence"...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 27 16:16:18 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Just wanted to post that I saw the new Bruce Willis "Blow *hit Up" movie, and I found it pretty good... A few, non-spoiler notes:

 - There were quite a few Jurrasic Park "Oh, it's Unix - I know that" moments, but it was excusable (IMHO)

 - The "I'm a Mac" guy (also known for his co-starring role in Herbie: Fully Loaded ;^) was pretty good in his role - based on his prior roles this wasn't too great a stretch for him, and he worked well off Bruce Willis/John McClane

 - Kevin Smith has a featured role in the movie (you may have caught him in the trailer for the movie) - he was good as well (again, IMHO, YMMV)

 - My favorite lines were "Did you see that?!", "His house will be the one with the lights on...", and "My side appears to be locked..." the last joke was truncated by an over-eager editor (They cut the scene too early, we should have seen the other actor's reaction - you'll have to see the movie)

All in all, it was Swordfish[0] meets Monte Carlo(2006)[1] - if you liked those two movies, along with the Die Hard series, you'll enjoy this movie.

Anyway, with the hacker theme, I thought some here might be interested...

Lionel