[geeks] You forget how quiet the Mac Pro is until...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:36:30 CDT 2007

On 22 Jun 2007, at 05:42, Aaron Finley wrote:

>> Sun v20z.  No less than 6 high-rpm fans, as they move into and out of
>> phase with each other you get a high-pitched ringing in addition to
>> all the noise.
>>
>> --Patrick
>
> The Octane on the high speed setting has to be a contender as well.

I forced the fan speeds up on my MAc Pro to the maximum setting
useing an  SMC fan controller app, and believe you me it's *capable*
of making a *lot* of noise, not to mention sucking in desks, chairs,
pets and even small children :P Of course it'd have to be near
melting point in a 100 degree room to even get close to that...

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>