[geeks] ZSH + cygwin = Gaaah!

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Tue Jun 19 17:52:07 CDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 16:53, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> This shit is infuriating.  Apparently zsh can no longer find anything
> relative to cygwin's /.  This used to work.  In fact, it's working
> fine
> on the machine on which I'm writing this email, but it doesn't want to
> work on a fresh cygwin install.  (On the machine on which I'm testing
> out Windows XP Pro x64.)  I hate it when people fuck with code that
> isn't broken.  Gaaaah!!

This seems to happen to me eventually whenever I install Cygwin. I
usually end up using SFU. It's more of a bitch to get working, but at
least you can use pkgsrc. (Other options: MinGW/MSYS, DJGPP, UWIN,
unxutils.)

I've never tried to fix the Cygwin problem, though :p. Perhaps it's
something simple that my lazy self just hasn't discovered. I have
wondered if it's a $PATH issue... I think that I changed my Windows
$PATH right before it happened last time.

  - Micah