[geeks] The word that is the bane of my existence

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Jun 19 15:03:30 CDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:06:48 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Heh, I went through a torturous process with Solaris 10 (06/06,
> > IIRC) just recently - Update Manager came back with 155 updates for
> > my Ultra 5, many of which clearly didn't need to be applied, but I
> > decided to install them since:

Coincidentally, I've just done a midnight oil update on a V1280 running
Solaris 9; finally finished at 05:00. I've also started a fund to pay
for someone to break the arms and legs of whoever wrote the Solaris
code that makes package and patch management *so* slow.

> I didn't mean "update".  I meant "udpate".  8-)

Ok, so what is "udpate" ? A UDP-based denial of service attack tool ?

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
'I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my