[geeks] Games for a young gamer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 13 21:26:50 CDT 2007

>From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>Date: 2007/06/07 Thu AM 12:28:30 CDT
>To: geeks list <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Games for a young gamer

>Hi, my 9 year old son is interested in going to the next level of gaming.
>
>He's a "special" case. He's very mechanically adept and quite bright, but
>he has PDD (a form of autism) and ADD/AHD.
>
>So far, he's been playing the simple flash games on the Lego web site.
>Sometimes he enjoys them, then he gets frustrated when they get stuck,
>or he can't figure out what to do and starts pounding the keyboard.
>
>He can't read, but can be shown or figures out what keys to press.
>
>He's home sick for the day, and his brother (11) stayed home to entertain
him.
>(he's running a low grade fever, enough to keep home, but not enough
>to keep him in bed).

Late reply, but thought I'd throw this in the mix - my son (10 years old)
really like the "backyard" series of games - they have baseball, basketball,
football, and hockey (I think), all pretty sraight-forward, but they do seem
to involve some reading (not sure if it is integral to the gameplay)...

For example: http://www.amazon.com/Atari-25025-Backyard-Baseball-2005/dp/
B0000TQRDK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-9577877-7267254?
ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1181787966&sr=8-2

Lionel