[geeks] Windows drive->drive backup

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jun 10 16:19:04 CDT 2007

Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> I need to install a backup for someone using Windows.
>>
>> It needs to be a drive->drive backup.
>
>> Cost $50 or less if at all possible.
>
> Acronis True Image 10 Home, $50 US
>
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/
>
> Full disk imaging, lets you mount images to restore individual files,
> stores disk images on a dedicated "secure zone" partition or FTP server,
> etc.

Yeah, it's great for disk imaging, but as far as I know it will not run
without a user being logged in, and you can't just pick files and back them up.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough:

	- needs to do drive->drive
	- needs to let me pick what to archive
	- needs to run without a user being logged in

I see a ton of backup software, and some of it seems to have a lot of really
neat features, but so far it all needs someone to be logged in to start it
running.

--
shannon           | Consulting wouldn't be what it is today without Microsoft