[geeks] WANTED: ADT software for Apple IIgs on 3.5" floppy

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 6 09:28:03 CDT 2007

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 07:58:47AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>> I don't remember, but I thought that if you put in a blank 800k floppy
>> or selected erase disk from the special menu, it was an option.
>

> Since digging out a 680x0 Mac was going to be a long project, I
> took a PPC laptop (1400cs) running Macos 7.6.1 I had within easy
> reach and put a 1.4m floppy in it. It had a DOS (as in PC) system
> on it, and it read it fine. I tried to erase the disk and was given
> severl 1.4m options.  I covered the density hole with electrical tape
> and put it back in. I got the usual "this disk is unreadable" message
> and was given the option to eject it, or intialize it. The initalization
> options were "Macintosh 800k", "Dos 720k" and "ProDos 800k".

Doesn't happen on my Mac running 7.5.5 and 7.6.1.  I get an option to format
it in Mac format, and that's it.

Are you sure you don't have some extra program installed?

I'll play more with it later this week, and try the program I posted.

--
shannon           | The grieving lords take ship.  With these our very souls