[geeks] WANTED: ADT software for Apple IIgs on 3.5" floppy

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 5 23:58:47 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 11:41:12PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> That's a bit involved, and needs a power mac.  Going to get one, but not yet.

I don't know about DiskDup+, but I thought you could do it with 7.5 on
a 680x0 Mac. After all by the time the PPC Macs came out, ProDos was
long "gone".

> Also, it mentions formatting a ProDOS volume on a 3.5" disk, and I don't see
> how to do that with MacOS.

I don't remember, but I thought that if you put in a blank 800k floppy
or selected erase disk from the special menu, it was an option.

When it stopped being an option is another question. I think it was in
System 7 through 7.5, but i may be wrong.

It's been a long time since I've touched this, but AFAIK, the 800k ProDos
disks used the same encoding as 800k Mac disks, and diskcopy 4.2
will read and write them.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838