[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jun 5 09:47:34 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:25:38AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Windows/NT was first developed for a different platform than the PC, it's
> been discussed here before (was it MIPS?). There was also NT for MIPS,
> SPARC and Alpha, but no one bought it and it disappeared quickly.

I don't believe the SPARC port was ever released, or even finished.
There was also a clipper port, but then Intergraph decided to switch to
Pentiums instead before the port was finished.  i860 was another port
that didn't make it out of the lab.

You missed the PPC port, which did make it out for 3.51.