[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 5 08:06:20 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 08:42:03AM -0400, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:

> move to Israel...now if I could just convince my wife!

Not as hard as you think. What will be the big problem is finding a job
that will support you in the style you are accustomed to.

Housing here is on par with Silicon Valley, and except for Jewish Day
Schools (which are much cheaper) and kosher food (which is only
a little more than the U.S.) everything else is a lot more expensive.

Wages are much lower although I saw some postings for opensource top end
programers in the north for $100k a year,

I also saw a job posting for a hardware/software/Internet expert for
$15/hour, that does not pay for travel time, holidays, vacations, etc.
which is more like the current market. I'm sure the poster had more
applicants than he could interview, many of them qualified.

Attempts to transplant service businesses such as consulting, contract
programing, web design, etc have often been unsucessful, especialy
people who won't work on Friday and have customers on the U.S.
west coast who do.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838