[geeks] Subject: Re: Microsoft Surface...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Jun 3 13:11:55 CDT 2007

Mark wrote:
> I have more MS mice than any other brand. I hate Logitech mice
> because they never fit my hands *I have odd shaped hands that don't
> like grossly mono-handed mice). I've never had a problem with
> Microsoft ones.

I have never understood how mouse manufacturers (and this has in the
past included Microsoft) can produce a grossly asymmetric mouse that is
CLEARLY designed specifically to fit the right hand, and then tell you
with a straight face that it's an ambidextrous mouse.  Microsoft was
first to do this, with the so-called "banana mouse".  It looked exactly
like a regular Microsoft two-button mouse, except it was bent leftwards
in the middle.

"Why's it bent in the middle?"
"Oh, it's an ergonomic design.  This works better for right-handed users."
"What about left-handed ones?"
"Oh, it's better for left-handed users, too."

Yeah, and I have this bridge built on prime agricultural land east of
Miami ....

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438