[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Jun 2 23:23:03 CDT 2007

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>>> Matter of time. In the UK, there is now one "security" camera per fifteen
>>> citizens, if I'm remembering the numbers correctly. That's some scary
>>> statistic.
>>
>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
>
> Indeed.  There's a lot of room for abuse, there.

Nah.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4609746.stm

Our governments and those in its employ would -never- use cameras or
information databases for anything other than the public good.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/library/dc/dcpolice/stories/stowe25.htm

Never.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007070387,00.html

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."