[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jun 2 12:51:50 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:24:30PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> That's depends on what you consider to be a weapon.  I'm a 113kg and
> sink like a stone, and everywhere I go I wear steel-toed boots.  If I
> feel like killing someone, I don't -need- a firearm.

It depends upon where you go. At a restaurant you would probably
pass through unmolested. At a hospital, mall, government office building,
etc where you have to go through an airport style metal detector
you would be stopped and be inspected with a hand held metal
detector.

> Visit the Texas border sometime.  Mexican vigilantes and
> "reconquistadors" are taking town by town, shooting our police, and
> generally terrorizing the place.  Funny how it so rarely makes the news.
> I guess men in turbans are better for ratings than men in sombreros.

Sorry the last (and only) time I was in Mexico was around 1975 on a
day shopping trip from L.A. We went to Tijuana, and the worst thing
that could happen was food poisoning at a canteena, or a rip off
at a junk shop.

I did notice when an armored car pulled up at the bank, a bunch of
guys got out with shotguns and surrounded it an the bank entrance.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838