[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 2 08:14:02 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/06/02 Sat AM 01:58:47 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

>On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 06:45:44PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> > No.  I refuse to be afraid of terrorists.
>> > I will continue to loudly protest the continuing erosion of my rights as
>> > an American and as a free, sovereign, and independent human being.
>> > And if I see someone threatening harm to the people around me, I will do
>> > my best to kill him.  If he wins, so be it; I'll have done my duty as a
>> > member of the society in which I live, but if several other people make
>> > the same decision as me in that same situation, the bastard won't stand
>> > much of a chance.
>> That.  Couldn't have put it better myself.
>
>This seems to be a good point to illustrate what the wife and I have
>been doing over the past couple of days.

<stupid teenager crime spree attempt snipped>

To quote a prior listmember:

"Time to move!"

But of course, opinions vary - I wouldn't knowingly move into a neighborhood where that happens, but if it started after I moved in, I suppose I would want to choose to fight back (not sure if I would though, truth be told...)

Lionel

Lionel