[geeks] Power Drill Got Wet

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 06:44:55 CDT 2007

Hi.  I have this Milwaukee high-torque corded electric drill.  I really
like it.

The problem is that it got rained on a little bit.  It wasn't outside or
anything, but it was by my attic window and storm wind blew some rain
water through the window.  I don't think it got completely soaked, but
it definitely got a bit wet.

It's been sitting in a dryer corner of the attic for a few days, where
it has gotten quite hot at times, and so I am pretty sure it will be
thoroughly dry by now.

Should I be concerned about plugging it in and seeing if it works?
Could I zap myself?

Peace...  Sridhar