[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 1 18:39:08 CDT 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " American business is in a bad way these days.  While the tech sector
> " may be the nastiest in that regard, the automotive sector may be the
> " first to "correct".  Did you notice that Toyota outsold all of the three
> " major US automakers?  Funny what happens when you build reliable
> " vehicles that people actually want to buy instead of 34 different models
> " of ugly SUV that all squeak and rattle as you drive them off the lot.
>
> and it was also noted when toyota entered nascar that the model their
> racer is supposed to represent was the only one of the field actually
> made in the us.  the big 3 'us' cars are made in canada and mexico.

Very true.  My American truck was produced by a (at the time)
German company out of Mexican parts, where as most of the "imports" are
actually made here and usually have stateside management.

It's a funny world.

> otoh, while toyota has the us' best selling -car- - honda the 2nd -
> it's only the -3rd- best selling -vehicle- here, behind 2 hulking
> american suvs.

True, but Toyota is still winning in gross sales.  I don't know if I'd
own one of their trucks, as I really like my Dodge, but their cars seem
like nice equipment.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."