[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Gary Goddard gaz.god at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 09:21:59 CDT 2007

Phil Stracchino wrote:

> One could justifiably argue that our current airline security program
> and baggage handling system isn't part of the solution so much as part
> of the problem.

The current security measures are only in place to make average Joe keep
flying, thus keep the economy going, this is true in  Europe as well
over in US. During my last trip the the US my hand luggage went through
x ray several times  ( i  kept going outside to smoke) when i arrived at
the destination i found i had left 2 gas lighters in the side pocket
(completely none intentional on my part) which are absolutely banned on
all flight in the US now, goes to show how professional the x ray staff are.

As I was leaving the UK I was asked by an American Airlines official the
usual questions about packing luggage myself etc, then I was asked if I
had anything that could be used as a  weapon. I couldn't resist asking
what she meant as my laptop could do quite a bit of damage as could my
digital SLR and I also use a walking stick and this has a large wooden
ball at the top similar to an Irish Shelaley, I pointed these items out
to her and she said they were only worried about sharp object and
proceeded to tell my girlfriend that she had to throw away her nail file.

Gary