[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Fri Jun 1 08:19:33 CDT 2007

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2007, at 6:59 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>> Most of all they accept the existance of the United States of America
>> and
>> don't wish to destroy it and "drive you into the sea".
>
> Google for "Aztlan", "MECHa", "La Raza", "MALDEF", "Republica del
> Norte".
>
> And reflect on the fact that in spite of the treaty between the US and
> Mexico, Mexican schools teach that California, Texas, Arizona etc. were
> "stolen from Mexico" by the USA

This is not an unusual thing for people to be taught when your country
has been beaten soundly in a war.  The American southwest represented
(I'm going by memory) 2/5 of Mexico's pre-1848 territory - it was a
great chunk of land to lose.

The shame of it is that - from what I understand - they are also taught
that the United States did incite the Mexican-American war (true) but
not that Mexico had the edge in that war; she had a much larger army
with many veterans, fighting on their home ground.

They would have won if not for the misfortune of having Santa Anna
running their country at the time.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod