[geeks] UNIX-like OS for a laptop

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 10 13:09:51 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> I *still* have no idea what anyone is talking about!  Am I stupid or
> something?

The only apps I've run into that absolutely require KDE or GNOME are
KOffice and things like that, and the occasional GUI frontend to some
utility that has a fully-functional command-line, anyhow.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us