[geeks] SATA on G4 Power Mac (bootable?)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 24 15:45:46 CST 2007

Hello all,

I've got a couple G4 Macs (450 & 466 MHz), and I want to up the performance a
bit. They currently have about a gig or more of RAM, and without investing in
a processor upgrade ($200 for a 1 GHz upgrade), I'm wondering if shoving in a
PCI SATA controller such as this[0] would give me a meaningful boost in
performance - anyone ever use one? I'd like to remove IDE drives and install
a couple SATA drives, ideally booting off the SATA drive.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel

[0] http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/SATAPCI2P/