[geeks] bridging networks with wireless

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 18 15:10:06 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:55:04PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> That's interesting, because I get the best signal if I do the exact
> opposite.

The difference is significant, well over 20db. You may be receiving a
reflection. It may also be that although the antenna is vertical, the
signal is horizontaly polarized. Slot antennas, which are common in TV
transmission are vertical, but the signal from them is horizontaly
polarized, which is why you see TV antennas laying flat.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838