[geeks] IBM rant

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Nov 30 18:44:30 CST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

>> With patter like that, Bill, you could get a job with Dell Tech
>> Support.
>
> "Hello, this is IT.  Have you tried switching it off and on again?"

One of the folks[0] who worked tech support for me at $ISP answered a
call with "SHUT UP AND REBOOT" before slamming down the phone.  It was
simultaneously one of the funniest and horrific things I'd ever seen at
that job.

[0] Who tended to be -extremely- even-tempered with customers, which was
     what made it so shocking.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and