[geeks] IBM rant

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:01:27 CST 2006

Francois Dion wrote:
>Sounds just like Dell...  If you dont have the service tag they have
>*no* idea what is in your machine. And let's not even go into the "i
>cant help you until you flash the latest greatest bios of the week"
>deal.

hahaha!
reminds of the time when I had to contact dell because of I was trying
to setup VLAN's on a dell badged managed switch which would lock hard
requiring a power cycle.

The monkey insisted on me flashing the firmware to latest greatest
release for another model switch, after me asking him several times are
you sure about that & explaining to him that by doing that I'd have a
new flashy door stop he paused for a second, the penny dropped & he
withdrew the recommendation, idiots!

Sevan
--
"The truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth." - Mark Brandon Read