[geeks] $100 One Laptop Per Child - grist for the mill

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 20 09:48:34 CST 2006

Mon, 20 Nov 2006 @ 07:53 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> They have the teachers, they have the schools, but what they have to do
> is get a more modern, more liberal education system then the books that
> UNICEF paid for that teach arithmetic with "If I have 5 Jews and kill 3,
> how many Jews do I have left to kill"?
>
> These laptops could do it.
>
> You probably could place a few million in Eastern Europe, Canada and the
> U.S. Another few million if the rest of the Americas.

"If I have 45 rounds of 7.62mm for my AK, and I have to make three drive
bys this morning, how man rounds will I have left over for the cops if I
use 12 rounds on each hit."

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty