[geeks] Apple G4 upgrades

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 19 16:30:58 CST 2006

Can an Apple G4/800, or any single-CPU system really, be upgraded to
dual CPUs?

Are both sockets present?

Related, what's a good source of information on Apple motherboards?

For example, I'd like to know which G4 motherboards are just like the
1GHz dual models, but have slower CPUs.

The reason is that the slower models are so cheap, you can upgrade them
to 2GHz operation cheaper than bying a 1-1.4GHz model.

However, I can't seem to find out if the units with the slower CPUs have
motherboards that are otherwise just as good as the ones with faster
CPUs.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]