[geeks] $100 One Laptop Per Child - grist for the mill

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Nov 18 14:05:10 CST 2006

Sat, 18 Nov 2006 @ 13:57 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> I've long regarded Dvorak as the print equivalent of a stand-up comedian
> trying to break into satire.  He occasionally has a good point, but it's
> usually as an aside instead of his main thesis.

True.

In fact, I don't completely hate his writing.  There are times when he
can be good.

Then he falls back into the old routine and you remember why you didn't
like him before.

Then again... Mark Twain was sort of like that, capable of brilliant
writing one day, and steaming mounds of literary excrement the next.

Of course, there is one big difference: Mark Twain knew it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his