[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod: UI

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Nov 17 18:42:56 CST 2006

Fri, 17 Nov 2006 @ 18:29 -0500, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Well, IOS isn't a general purpose computer for users, so I wouldn't have
> > included it anyway.
> >
> > I really don't remember IOS being like TOPS.  I remember a help system,
> > but not one built into each command.
> >
> > But then, my use of IOS was almost exclusively when something went wrong
> > so I didn't use it that much.
>
> To some extent, IOS reminds me of VMS.

Did each command have context help in it?

I really should have a Cisco at home to practice with. Maybe I should
try to find an inexpensive one and use it in place of a switch for my
LAN setups.

So many toys...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every