[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod: UI

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Nov 17 16:45:17 CST 2006

Fri, 17 Nov 2006 @ 16:43 -0500, Nick B. said:

> 	Nick
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 02:46:34PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > It's interesting that the command line interface of TOPS and TOPS-20
> > was discoverable, at least partially.  The help system and each
> > command's context aware completion features were great training aids for
> > new users, and reminders for experienced users.
> Never used IOS have you?  Though I admit, IOS requires understanding the Cisco
> Mindset as well.

Well, IOS isn't a general purpose computer for users, so I wouldn't have
included it anyway.

I really don't remember IOS being like TOPS.  I remember a help system,
but not one built into each command.

But then, my use of IOS was almost exclusively when something went wrong
so I didn't use it that much.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]