[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 09:44:42 CST 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/11/15 Wed PM 12:38:19 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

<snip>

>I wish more car stereos would ship with a simple 1/4 stereo input. I
>don't need a cradle, just the audio input would be fine.

I really hope you mean 1/8" - unless you want to plug in a guitar (as shown in the VW ads http://www.vdubsrock.com/?ic_id=edh_vdubsrock )

When I bought my car, the dealer had an option to install a 1/8" input, labeled as "aux" on the factory radio (needed special connectors, take dash apart, etc.). With dealer labor it cost $200, but in my opinion it was worth it.

Lionel