[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 16:42:30 CST 2006

On 15 Nov 2006, at 22:11, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 21:35 +0000, Mark Benson said:
>
>>> I don't know how many different models they work on, and of
>>> course, it
>>> won't speed up your FSB or other parts.
>>>
>>> If I knew for sure it had good effect, I'd get a cheap G4 and do
>>> the CPU
>>> upgrade.
>>
>> Fitting is dependent on if it's PCI only (likely if it's a 350).
>
> You mean if the Mac is PCI only?

Yes.

> Or did you mean the CPU upgrade?
>
> The CPU upgrades I saw plugged into the G4 motherboards directly.

Yes, but the PCI Only Yikes! G4 uses a ZIF like the B&W (actually the
same board minus the ADB port). The Quicksilver et al compatible
upgrades only fit the AGP/PCI G4s who's CPU socket uses a plug-in
Mega-array connection.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"