[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Nov 15 16:33:41 CST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Mark Benson wrote:
> One benefit of driving a Honda though is the engine is super-quiet
> until the VTEC kicks in (which doesn't happen *that* often when I'm
> driving) :o)

<plug>
One advantage of buying a Unimog outfitted as a radio truck is
that all the electrics under the hood including the spark plugs
(threaded on BOTH ends) are completely shielded against electrical
noise and water.  You can actually work HF with the engine running
and there's almost no noise.  (until BPL comes along, right?)  You
can also drive through about 5 feet of standing water.  (4 feet
if you don't want to get your feet wet)
</plug>

-DanD

# The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.
# 		ALBERT EINSTEIN