[geeks] WTF Stories

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 15 16:09:49 CST 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 14:36 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> I believe everyone in the US should spend at least a year working for
> government at a local, state, or Federal level if only so that they may
> BURN WITH RAGE every time they pay a tax and realize how little of it
> actually goes to the goals that government claims to accomplish.

I used to work at "Government EAGLS" at Bank of America, credit
transaction reallocation and WWW views for the government. I could read
the data files and see where government employees were spending Uncle
Sam's credit.

Not all government waste is done by our leadership, but rather our
fellow citizens in civil service.

> I suspect that if the electorate were, by the large, quiety furious
> about the degree of government waste, we'd have more than a
> thirty-percent turnout at the polls, and the people we have in office
> wouldn't last nearly as long before being shown the door.

Another thing that would help, IMHO, is to not allow career politicians.
You not only have a term limit for an office, but a personal lifetime
limit as well.

People who are going to go back to a normal life are nowhere near as
likely to screw the citizens.

It's the ones that will never have to live a normal life that don't give
a damn.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his