[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Nov 14 14:33:21 CST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 02:34:13PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> I wouldn't say I *remember* it, but I've been sort of idly getting
> acquainted with lojban, a more modern derivative of loglan.

More modern is not quite appropriate. In modern terms it's the freeware
reverse enginered version.

The creater of Loglan decided at some point it was worth money, so
he trademarked the name and founded the Loglan Institute. At that time
you could not do anything (such as add words) or use the name Loglan
without his permission which usually required a payment.

The lojban people took the concept and created a new languange with their
own grammar and vocabulary.

> It (lojban) is an interesting language.  Or at least I think so.

Me too, but I've never really studied it.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838