[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 14 13:30:35 CST 2006

Tue, 14 Nov 2006 @ 20:39 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:23:58PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> > It should be Esperanto.
>
> Only if you are an employee of the Jupiter Mining Company.

Or if you like spanish that looks and sounds like it was written and
spoken by someone on an overdose of LSD and Southern Comfort.

> The lingua franca of this century will be "Internet English". It's sort
> of Newspeak but instead of deleting adjectives, they flourish. However
> when it comes to describing quality, there are only two: crap and unuseable.

I would have thought it impossible, but the other day I'm pretty sure I
heard a couple of 20-somethings actually speaking it.

Has anyone else noticed how most of the forums on the WWW are full of
people who not only can't speak English, but when you do decipher the
meaning, it's either wrong or has no content?

The one that I really hate is when people say "prolly" instead of
probably.

The thing is, I have sat back and watched them, even spent some time
reading through archives, and it is quite clear that they really don't
understand each other either.

> Other adjectives commonly used such as new, "nearly new", wonderful, excelent,
> mint, minty (including as a flavor) etc are synonyms for crap.

Reminds me of all the ebay ads for junk that have lot's of color,
flashing crap, !!!!!!!!!!!!, and other indicators of poor product
quality.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his