[geeks] Advice on buying a new Mac

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 13 22:22:24 CST 2006

Mon, 13 Nov 2006 @ 22:11 -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo said:

> No, if you mean "will it pull data off the disk as fast".  Reason is
> twofold:

Mostly I mean just getting closer, though I didn't say that.

> 1.  they optimize for ruggedness and low power consumption
>
> 2. the physical drive platter is smaller, thus, even though rotating at
> the same speed, the swept area (whatever the technical term is) is less
> than a larger platter.

Well, that's true. Still, should do better that what comes with it.

It's too bad they couldn't have crammed a full size drive in there.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]