[geeks] FC/AL: SPARCstorage Array on PC?

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 13 03:36:07 CST 2006

Hello folks,

noticing the current FC/AL discussion:
I recently acquired a Sun SPARCstorage Array from University Surplus (partially populated with erased disks, two optical interface modules installed) which I'd like to put into use sometime soon. I do have the corresponding sBus FC/AL interface card, but since my Sun project is nowhere near "taking off" anytime soon, I'd like to know if I can also interface the Array to a PeeCee (yes, it's *him* again - save your flammable liquids, please...).

What cards are in the market that go in an ISA or PCI slot and bring out the FC/AL:25Mbit (?) connection the SPARCstorage needs? Drivers for Win9x would have to be available.

TIA,

Arno Kletzander

PS.: OBP 2.12 rules bigtime...implements a simple netboot mechanism like
boot net:server-ip,,client-ip
so you neither have to have rarp/bootp/dhcp neither hack the obp methods manually, and even says so right in the help boot section! I wonder up to which version this works...
--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen

Ideal f|r Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer