[geeks] I just saw...

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Sun Nov 12 19:09:21 CST 2006

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>> Slavery was allowed in Maryland until after the war. Lincoln was a
>> proponent of a "forgive and forget" type of policy. If he had lived,
>> things would have been very different in the post war south.
>
> So J. W. Booth made it worse for his beloved South by shooting President Lincoln?
>
> Lionel

Can't know for sure but .. probably.

Lincoln's policy of "malice toward none; with charity for all" wasn't
popular with the Radicals; they'd won a war and were by-God going to act
like it.

Reconstruction is not the prettiest episode in this nation's history.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod