[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Nov 11 11:23:04 CST 2006

Wed, 08 Nov 2006 @ 14:08 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:

> It's been said, and not at all unfairly IMHO, that the Pilgrim Fathers
> fled religious persecution in Europe seeking the freedom to persecute
> others in their own way.

I wonder how they felt about budding ideas of creating a secular
government in the colonies?

One of my history professors in college said the English and the
pilgrims both provided inspiration to make sure we didn't end up with a
theocracy.

Aside:

I saw a pilgrim house restored on a history program a couple of years
ago.

What struck me was that it was basically a small wooden fortress, with
heavy walls, iron studded doors, and good musket coverage from the top
floor.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]