[geeks] I just saw...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Nov 9 10:02:18 CST 2006

> Then the scanning code was bad.  I wrote some mark-sense scanning code
> once that was designed for use with a hand scanner, and it was
> self-aligning, tolerated skews, misalignments, even mid-scan skews ... I
> couldn't MAKE it fail.

Yeah, but the scanning code came from the company and I can't believe
they (or anybody else) would let a third party mess with the code.  It's
probably in ROM anyway.  My point is don't assume ScanTron is 100% accurate
and I've found it to be less and enough for it not to be the big time
saver it is suppose to be.

Maybe you should work for them. :)

Bob