[geeks] I just saw...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 8 14:22:38 CST 2006

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2006/11/08 Wed AM 07:56:52 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] I just saw...

>There has been
>strong speculation already that in the 2004 Presidential election, vote
>fraud tipped Ohio from Kerry to Bush and changed the outcome of the
>election, but those were Diebold DRE voting machines and there is no way
>the Ohio election results can ever be audited or verified.  We just have
>to take the word of a company whose CEO publicly promised to "deliver
>the election for Bush".

Small correction:

He said he was willing "to do whatever it took to deliver OHIO for George Bush" - similar, but not the same as you wrote...

Diebold is a big company, and unless the entire electronic voting machine division was "in on it", I'd find it very hard to believe that the CEO of the ohio-based company could direct his staff to alter the election and NO ONE would rat him out...

Now, could a few programmers and tester in the organization do it - sure, but not the CEO, he'd almost HAVE to find someone else to do his bidding. Unless, of course, it was like Microsoft in the early days, where Bill Gates would scrutinize your daily builds at will and send you comments on your code...

Lionel