[geeks] I just saw...

William Kirkland bill.kirkland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:31:51 CST 2006

I am not sure which side of the fence this will fall on ...

On Nov 8, 2006, at 4:10 AM, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 06:46:48 +0000
> From: wa2egp at att.net
> Subject: Re: [geeks] I just saw...

> There have been many reports (claims) that the electronic machines
> would choose the other candidate when the button for one candidate
> was pushed.  True or not, I don't know.  At least with paper, you
> had a physical record such that it was. The only reason I think
> they questioned it is that the party that was expected
> to win by a landslide didn't.

Here in King county, WA ... The physical evidence was altered at the
direction of election board officials. Instead of following
scientific principals, the original ballots were marked up "to be
made more readable", when they should have created a substitute
ballot (using a highly distinguishable version of the original
ballot) noting the ballot number of the original on the substituted
ballot. In this way the original ballots could have been reviewed.
[ I know the election board officials were involved, due to the fact
that too many ballots were handled inappropriately. Even if they were
to claim innocent, they should have been fired and prosecuted for
failure to perform. ]

> IF I was into conspiracy theories, well, use your imagination. :)
>
> With what ran in this past election, I think in the next one a
> majority of the people should write in "None of the above".

I wrote in "Mickey Mouse" and his friends ... is that close enough?
Damn, I would not want King County election officials to handle it,
they will pick their own candidate ... as would Florida.

I do not believe we have had a candidate worthy of a vote in my
lifetime. So the only reason to vote is because one believes that a
particular candidate is less harmful than another.

bill.kirkland at gmail.com