[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 7 16:28:24 CST 2006

Tue, 07 Nov 2006 @ 20:45 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> > A *test*.  Obbivously the test didn't go well.  Was the test discontinued
> > once it was shown that it interfered with the coastal station?
>
> AFIK, they dropped BPL entirely.

In other words, the world didn't end.

> > What does that have to do with the discussion?  I pointed out that I have
> > an amateur radio license to show that I view the issue from both sides.
>
> Simple, experience. If you are a regular HF operator you will understand
> the mess the bands are in already.

Or, you could simply be intelligent enough to read it or talk to a HAM.

No experience is required for this.

I mean... if a 1200 pound car sold as an econobox were to get 10mpg, I
don't need to be an engineer to know something is wrong.

> I won't argue with that. I can't say what you have or have not seen. If you
> want more information, go to the ARRL web page, or if you are a member,
> contact Ed Hare directly.

The local ARRL people are definitely unhappy with BPL, but none of them
give the doomsday reports that you do.

Your messages was extremely alarmist, end-of-the-world type of thing,
about something that hasn't even happened yet, and doesn't look like it
will anyway.

At the same time you dismissed a very serious problem that has been
slowly getting worse for many years, and even said it simply didn't mean
anything.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There are nowadays professors of
philosophy, but not philosophers." ]