[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 7 16:20:51 CST 2006

Tue, 07 Nov 2006 @ 21:20 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:34:57PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > I can't say this politely, so pardon the indignation, but this is pure
> > > bullshirt.
> >
> > In your opinion.
>
> This has degenerated into a pissing contest. Tell me in simple plain English
> how Microsoft's business practices or policies interfere with communication
> between people who don't use their products.

Word documents alone cause all kinds of damage.

I really see no point in going into something that is common knowledge a
google search away, and has been discussed at length on this list for a
very long time.

> You also have to limit yourself to legal copies of the programs. Viruses
> and worms don't count unless Microsoft does not offer a patch to fix
> the exploit they use.

No, all that is needed is for their poor design and decisions to be
behind it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There are nowadays professors of
philosophy, but not philosophers." ]