[geeks] Windows XP, and activation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 7 10:49:35 CST 2006

Mon, 06 Nov 2006 @ 16:45 -0500, Bryan Fullerton said:

> On 11/6/06, velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > ...this doesn't do anything at all.  It never downloads anything.
> >
> > Odd.  I have not had a problem with it.
>
> I believe you need to have relatively current levels of various
> Windows components (Windows Update client, Microsoft Installer,

I know, that's one reason I used a slipstream install that was current
as of September 2006.

Everything is there, it just hasn't gotten anything yet.

One problem I just realized: the stupid Windows clock.  I forgot that
Windows time was broken and didn't honor timezones.

I picked another option that just backgrounds downloads and asks later,
so maybe that won't care what time it is.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall