[geeks] Seeking a laptop scsi disk...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Nov 7 10:49:25 CST 2006

Thus spake der Mouse:
> I've got a SPARCstation Voyager.  It's fine, except that the disk is
> only 773 megs (that's as reported in dmesg at boot time), which I find
> rather cramping.  Trouble is, it takes a laptop SCSI disk, which is a
> rather rare item.  I don't suppose anyone has one looking for a home?

You seek the 1gb Apple powerbook SCSI drive though you do not know it.

The 1gb Apple powerbook SCSI drive is actually in most cases an IDE drive
with a thin SCSI adapter on the bottom.  This adapter, so far, has proven
to be universal.

Check E-Bay or check with people that have old Sparcbooks.

Mike Hebel
----
"For space is wide and good friends are too few!" - Leslie Fish, "Sam Jones"