[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Nov 6 23:26:23 CST 2006

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at liftport.com>
>> Date: 2006/11/06 Mon PM 08:17:27 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] can't wait for Vista
>
> <snip>
>
>> My G4 Powerbook* is - four years on - a viable machine at work.  It's
>> only lack is a small disk.  It runs the latest OS X and so on.
>
> <snip>
>
> FYI - CompUSA is selling a 60 Gig Seagate IDE laptop HD (4200 RPM) for $59 (after rebate)[0] - in case you want to fix that lone issue...
>
> Lionel
> [0] CompUSA SKU: 335347, search at http://www.compusa.com, SKU: 339471 is a 100 Gig Maxtor notebook drive in a USB ext. case...

Noted and thanks.

It's a work machine, however.  All things considered the 20gb disk was
not 'work related' files but .. crap.  MP3, video and graphics files.

20 GB is plenty big for 'work' where I've got a server to store the
actual work files.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks