[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:52:02 CST 2006

On 6 Nov 2006, at 20:00, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Microsoft may have lousy EULA's and too much DRM, but they are not
> trying
> to take over the government and disrupt communications.

OK so denying people freedom with their own data and hardware, or
enforcing DRM on people's legitimate media is not acting to "disrupt
communications"?

Oh sorry I must have gotten them all wrong... damn me...

Wake up - Microsoft are trying to take control of people's data and
computers out of their own hands. That cannot be allowed to happen.
At the end of the day you have a given right to do what the hell you
want with your property. They, and anyone else that subscribes to
their little game, are outside their moral standing as a software and
service *provider*. You are allowed to have rules, you are not
allowed to invent your own law.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"