[geeks] can't wait for Vista

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:05:32 CST 2006

On 11/6/06, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 03:54:43PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > Microsoft may have lousy EULA's and too much DRM, but they are not trying
> > > to take over the government and disrupt communications.
> > Say what?
> > Wow, that was naive.
>
> Geoff's position is that "Google invested in a company that does BPL, so
> therefore they're EVIL and must be avoided."
>
> I'd call that "covering all the bets" - I'm sure they've invested in other
> forms of broadband and tech companies as well.

Has anyone read anything about the purpose of the Google datacenters
up there in Oregon?  I've read a lot of speculation based on the
power/cooling/size that's visible on the external characteristics of
the facilities, but real info seems thin.

To me, this seems more worrying--add Google's dominance in the tech
space into the lop-sided mix that pipes/bandwidth & intellectual
property ownership spaces[0]...now that's scary.

=Nadine=

[0]http://www.thenation.com/doc/20020107/miller