[geeks] Suprise - ext. USB HD "Just Worked" under Solaris 10

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 07:52:11 CST 2006

On 11/5/06, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>

> >I have been patching a bunch of workstations at $ork, and the SB1000
> >is a hellofalot faster than 2x400Mhz cpu U80s, I must say.  SB1K's
> >take about 2hrs or so; U80's about 4.
>
> Inquiring minds want to know - "what" takes 2 hours on a SB1000 and 4 hours on a U80?

Application of the latest patch cluster for Solaris 9 using a custom
script that weeds out non-applicable patches for the given system.
E.g. non-applicable hardware drivers, arch patches, etc.

The U5s, on the other hand, are start and go to sleep type events. :-/

I hadn't realized that the SB1Ks were FCAL.  Do you know if that is
the default, or an optional configuration?

=Nadine=