[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Nov 6 00:46:21 CST 2006

   Mark Benson said:
> Tell em where they can stick their
> > company and go join someone like Google...

Google is IMHO and experience even worse.

  Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Microsoft, as bad as it was in the early days, was nothing like it is
> now, and of course it also didn't have the power to make it happen
> either.

Now it does. No one is competing with them. Apple offers a viable option
but you pay the premium of buying an Apple computer.

On the other hand Microsoft has always been the number 1 Macintosh software
vendor.

> The only good part about Balmer is he might screw up enough to hurt the
> company.

I doubt it. People like what he is offering. Even if they did not, what
would they use? There is no viable option for most people.

> I wonder... is there anyone there who could oust him if he got really
> bad?

The stockholders. The problem with that is I doubt that enough of them
would. The other problem would be who could replace him? Personaly,
ALL of my experience with Microsoft hardware has been excellent.
Note that I have never owned or used an X-Box.

The stuff "just works", lasts a long time, is easy to use, etc. IMHO the
person(s) responsible for the hardware should take over the company.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838